As a sporting organisation which makes provision for children and young people Kitevibe ensures that:
· The welfare of the child is paramount.
· All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from unreasonable behaviour.
· All Kitevibe staff (paid/unpaid) will be subject to CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checks.
· No children will be taught without their parent or guardian present. In certain circumstances (i.e. organised school visits and charity events) tuition may be possible but only upon receipt of signed parental/guardian consent forms.
· All suspicions and allegations of unreasonable behaviour will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
Kitevibe has a ‘duty of care’ to safeguard all children involved in our tuition from harm.
The needs of disabled children and others who may be particularly vulnerable must be taken into account.
Kitevibe will endeavour to ensure the safety and protection of all children involved in our tuition through adherence to these Child Protection guidelines.
A child is defined as under being under 18 as per The Children Act 1989.
The aim of the Kitevibe Child Protection Policy is to promote safety and good practice:
· Suggesting to children and young people the appropriate safety and PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) to be used whilst in the care of Kitevibe;
· Allow all staff/volunteers to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues.
Please note: A full and detailed version of this policy is available for inspection at any and all of our courses upon request.